Increasing Efficiency – Typically 10 % to 50%
If you can measure it, then you can manage it.
Our OEE tool can monitor your machines in Real-Time.
Memex understands the need to be more competitive and to get the maximum throughput with your machine as assets in manufacturing. To be able to “visualize” how quickly your machines are operating allows you to react quickly to situations. Measuring what actually happens on the shop floor allows you to fine tune your processes using LEAN manufacturing techniques. By applying the Theory of Constraints principle to monitoring and identifying a constraint, you can improve operator productivity and satisfaction by helping them perform faster, reduce their data collection overhead, all by using automatic and accurate tracking systems. Overall Equipment Effectiveness – OEE – is the key performance indicator that drives this machine monitoring process forward.
To learn more about Overall Equipment Effectiveness, please click here.
Benefits of Machine Monitoring
- Can see the productivity and increased profitability as it happens in real-time
- Identify problems fast
- Increase plant-wide productivity in the range of 10% to 50%
- Dashboard metrics available for everyone on the shop floor to see
- Time saving, money saving solution, that will increase productivity and profitability in the long run
MERLIN Monitoring Features
MERLIN is designed to monitor every machine in your shop, CNC machines, non-CNC machines, fabrication centers and manual processes, all tied together in a production process manufacturing execution system.
To access relevant signals MERLIN uses various protocols (MT Connect, Fanuc Focas2, OPC, etc.) and electronic circuit boards if required, including the Universal Machine Interface board all dependent on the type of machine and controls and what is available to be monitored. You choose which signals you want to monitor, or even switch which signals around as it makes sense for you, MERLIN is that flexible. If your machine is not Ethernet enabled, like most older machines, then Memex offers electronic circuit boards with built-in Ethernet capabilities and conversion to serial RS-232 or even BTR.
To give you an idea of which features can be monitored, below is a representative list of signals that can be monitored, if available from the machine:
- OEE metric
- Availability metric
- Performance metric
- Event Monitoring
- Quality metric
- Cycle Time & Count
- Part Name
- Part Counts
- Alarm State Recording
- Interrupted Cycles Recorded
- Down Time
- Down Reason codes (automatic or operator or modal)
- Reject counts
- Reject reason codes
- Email / Cell Phone Alerts
- Feed Hold / Op Stop
- Feed / Rapid / Spindle Override
- Feed and Speed rate
- Product Standard comparison
- Idle Reason Tracking
- PM Schedule by Calendar Days
- PM Schedule by Run Hours
- PM Schedule by Power On Hours
- Many more signals available, stored in SQL database for analysis