Increase Productivity by Increasing Efficiency
If you can measure it, then you can manage it - Our OEE solutions can monitor your machines in real-time.
Memex understands the need to be more competitive and get the maximum throughput with your machine assets in manufacturing. To be able to “visualize” how your machines are operating allows you to react quickly to situations. Measuring what actually happens on the shop floor allows you to tune your processes using lean manufacturing techniques. Apply the Theory of Constraints principle by monitoring and identifying a constraint. Improve operator productivity and satisfaction by helping them perform faster and reduce their data collection overhead using automatic and accurate tracking systems. Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) is the key performance indicator that drives this machine monitoring process.
To learn more about Machine Monitoring, please click here.
What is OEE – Overall Equipment Effectiveness?
OEE is a statistical measurement used to determine how efficiently a machine is running. Features include:
- Key performance indicator
- Real-time production visibility for everyone in the plant
- Including alerts through email or paging
- Accurate key performance indicator with OEE metric
- Identify problems fast
- Production data collection and reporting
- Downtime and reject cause analysis
- Labor productivity tracking
- Usage-based preventative maintenance
- Visual production scheduling
- Connection production floor to ERP
- Assess operator productivity
- Hardware, firmware and software all connected to the machine
- Software for plant wide metrics
- Handhelds, scanners, bar codes, marquees, light trees, devices ect.
- Real-time connection to machines
- Over 400 data elements collected
- Comprehensive reporting in 8 ways
- Reports, web, email alerts, real-time dashboard, cycle charts, KPI’s, down/reject, schedule)
In addition to enabling increased productivity, it is:
- Cost Effective
- Practical and Proven
- Plant-wide, enterprise enabled
- Compatible with all machines – CNC, non-CNC, PLC, Presses, Injection Molding ect.
Benefits of OEE
- Eliminate the non-productive labor and errors of manual data collection
- Present and format data your way – custom reports and exporting data
- Determine real job standards to help improve your job costing process
- Analyze causes for Downtime and Rejects — then eliminate them
- Real time knowledge of what is happening on the shop floor
- Usage-based Preventive Maintenance minimizes job interruptions
- Visual, “drag and drop” production scheduling
- Respond quickly to changing shop floor conditions
- “Paperless” Strip Chart shows detailed machine operating history
- Chart Machine Rate, Cycle Time and Process Variables
- Record and analyze real-time and historical performance/productivity/OEE
- Graphically display manufacturing productivity with OEE
- Use e-mail notification to alert appropriate personnel to potential or actual problems
- Monitor production schedule remotely in multiple locations with Web Job Queue
- View individual machine status of every Job on every machine in every plant – in real-time – on your Web browser
- Real-time Process Variable monitoring prevents problems from occurring
- Analyze Operator & Maintenance performance
- Record production totals, rejects, run time, downtime and calculated efficiencies by Operator ID
- Key Drivers – if this matters to you… Productivity & Efficiency
Smart Equipment = Smart Factories = Profitability
Make every factory machine into a node on your corporate network.
- Every machine can be IP addressable and therefore a secure node on the corporate network.
- Make the information about the machine and production, including history, available on your network.
- Embed web connectivity to provide Intranet or Internet Access to real time factory data.
- Integrate all factory equipment into into all ERP Capacity Planning, Supply Chain and Collaborative.
- Manufacturing initiatives.