Increase Productivity by Increasing Efficiency
If you can measure it, then you can manage it. MERLIN solves the last meter of connection to any machine.
What is OEE – Overall Equipment Effectiveness?
OEE is a statistical measurement used to determine how efficiently a machine is running. It helps the user identify problems fast, before production or quality suffers, with real-time monitoring. It measures the machines’ actual run time, the quantity of parts produced, the quality metric, and the actual rate of production.
OEE = Availability x Quality x Performance.
Imagine having full visibility of your shop floor and seeing the increased productivity and profitability as it happens in real-time. An OEE solution can improve manufacturing efficiency typically between 10% – 50%.
Memex Automation’s MERLIN OEE solution is compatible with all and any machines (CNC, non-CNC, PLC, presses, injection molding etc.) and is a proven, cost-effective, and practical solution.
Memex understands the need to be more competitive and get the maximum throughput with your machine assets in manufacturing. To be able to “visualize” how your machines are operating allows you to react quickly to situations. Measuring what actually happens on the shop floor allows you to fine tune your processes using LEAN manufacturing techniques. The Theory of Constraints principle monitors and identifies a constraint, and by reducing the operator’s data collection overhead using automatic and accurate tracking systems, it improves operator productivity and satisfaction by helping them perform faster.
Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) is the key performance indicator that drives the machine monitoring process.
To learn more about machine monitoring, please click here.
Features of OEE include:
- Real-time production visibility for everyone in the plant
- Including alerts through email or text
- Production data collection and reporting
- Downtime and reject cause analysis
- Labor productivity tracking
- Usage-based preventative maintenance
- Visual production scheduling
- Connection production floor to ERP
- Assess operator productivity
- Hardware, firmware and software all connected to the machine
- Software for plant wide metrics
- Handhelds, scanners, bar codes, marquees, light trees, devices etc.
- Real-time connection to machines
- Over 400 data elements collected
- Comprehensive reporting in 8 ways
- Reports, web, email alerts, real-time dashboard, cycle charts, KPI’s, down/reject, schedule)
In addition to enabling increased productivity, it is:
- Cost effective
- Practical and proven
- Plant-wide, enterprise enabled
- Compatible with all machines – CNC, non-CNC, PLC, presses, injection molding etc.
- An accurate key performance indicator with OEE metric
The Benefits of OEE:
- Able to identify problems fast
- Eliminate the non-productive labor and errors of manual data collection
- Present and format data your way – custom reports and exporting data
- Determine real job standards to help improve your job costing process
- Analyze causes for Downtime and Rejects — then eliminate them
- Real time knowledge of what is happening on the shop floor
- Usage-based preventative maintenance minimizes job interruptions
- Visual, “drag and drop” production scheduling
- Respond quickly to changing shop floor conditions
- Paperless strip chart shows detailed machine operating history
- Chart machine rate, cycle time and process variables
- Record and analyze real-time and historical performance/productivity/OEE
- Graphically display manufacturing productivity with OEE
- Use e-mail notification to alert appropriate personnel to potential or actual problems
- Monitor production schedule remotely in multiple locations with Web Job Queue
- View individual machine status of every job on every machine in every plant – in real-time – on your web browser
- Real-time process variable monitoring prevents problems from occurring
- Analyze operator and maintenance performance
- Record production totals, rejects, run time, downtime and calculated efficiencies by operator ID
Smart Equipment = Smart Factories = Profitability
Make every factory machine into a node on your corporate network. Every machine can be IP addressable and a secure node on the corporate network. The information about the machine and production, including history, can be available on your network and embedded web connectivity can provide Intranet or Internet Access to real time factory data.