RFID Asset Management Solutions for Manufacturing
For today’s manufacturer, Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) has become an indispensable tool that lets organizations see information about their assets in real-time. Applications built around RFID can help report immediate deviations and exceptions to any process. RFID has allowed companies to build authentication and confirmation into previously error prone processes. By monitoring assets such as tooling, raw materials, Work In Progress, computers, vehicles and any moveable asset companies can know quickly, exactly and securely where their assets are located. RFID is eliminating costly mistakes resulting in fewer manufacturing errors due to wrong parts used or wrong specification settings. RFID is being used to locate semi-finished goods and eliminate costly delays due to lost or hard to find inventories. RFID works hand in hand with OEE, Lean and Six Sigma principles. While Continuous Improvement seeks to improve the quality of process outputs by identifying and removing the causes of defects, RFID let’s a company identify, time stamp and confirm the location of all measured elements.
This is why manufacturers today look to RFID technology to help them run more efficient operations that help minimize production down time, optimize material and parts inventories, improve and maintain optimal labor output. The payback is often measured in weeks and the Return On Investment (ROI) is typically 10-100% depending on the value of the assets tracked.
Memex Automation Inc. can help companies regardless of their requirements. Memex has the broadest selection of proven deployed technology tools. In addition to improving manufacturing performance, RFID is being used to improve safety. RFID is being used to authenticate operators to ensure only properly trained personnel have access to potentially dangerous equipment or sensitive information.
Benefits of RFID Asset Management:
- Real-time tracking of inventory, part kits and sub-assemblies.
- Maintains current item information on the tag – ideal for managing production of complex or customized products and assemblies, eliminates the need for separate paperwork on assembly status and content.
- Can automatically notify the central product database when each process has been completed.
- Field personnel can use RFID tag information to determine product features, date of manufacture, revision levels.
- When errors are detected the ability to track at the item level reduces the impact of quality recalls.
An RFID Asset Management Solution from Memex Automation Inc. may include any of the following hardware / products:
- RFID tags / Bar Code Labels
- Hand held scanners / readers
- RFID readers / antennas / portals
- GPRS data modules
- Mobile computers
- Mobile Agents
- Network routers / firewalls
- Dedicated server hardware
- Advanced Software: Gateway, Engine and Dashboards